We also have a Christian camp ministry—Camp Josiah— located near the church on a beautiful 30 acre tract of land. Churches of like faith may rent the facilities for camp and week-end retreats. It is a great place for the men or ladies of our churches to gather for a time of fellowship and spiritual refreshing! Contact us at 276-964-9907 for more information
We are a family oriented, Bible believing, Bible practicing, soul-winning, mission minded, independent Baptist church. The church was started here in Cedar Bluff more than 55 years ago as a mission work and has grown up into what it is today.
- In the verbal inspiration and authority of the Scriptures in all matters of faith and practice.
- That the Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God's planned purpose in the ages.
- In God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- That salvation is "by grace" plus nothing minus nothing.
- That men are justified by faith alone and are accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- In the visible, personal, and premillennial return of Jesus Christ.
- In the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious
punishment and torment of the lost.
- In the doctrine of eternal security for the believer through the keeping power of the Holy Spirit.
- In and preach from the Authorized King James Version and we oppose and denounce all other perversions of God's Holy Word.
A personal message from to Pastor
Hello, are you looking for the real thing in a church? It seems in this modern world that alot of people are playing at worshiping God but never really committing to Him. I am no great or special anything, but God has called me to preach His word and I have been doing just that for almost twenty years now. What do I believe? What do I preach? The Bible, is what I believe and preach. I don't add anything to the Bible but most importantly I don't take anything away. I would love to have you come and worship God with us at Calvary. Whether you are just passing though or looking for a church to call home, come see us. Come meet with us. If you have questions call me at the church and I will do my best to answer your questions. 276-964-9907
If you are looking for a church to call home or just passing through, come worship with us we would love to have you! Today can be a confusing time in which to find a church. We are a simple church who believes in the Bible and simple biblical worship come have church with us, we want to meet you!
We have classes and accomodations for all ages, everyone is welcome here at Calvary. Come and grow with us as we all worship God together.
Scottie Brown, the pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Cedar Bluff, VA , is a native of the Cedar Bluff area and graduate of Richlands High School. He served a three year term in the Army and in 1996 married Shellie Ratliff'. Pastor Brown has been serving in the church, first as youth director and now as Pastor, for 17 years. Shellie is a teacher at a local school and an adjunct professor for a local Christian College. They have two sons, Codie and Jessie.